COME JOIN US!
Sunday School: 10:00 AM (For All Ages)
Worship: 11:00 AM
PASTOR'S CONTACT INFO:
Address: 7315 Mount Hermon Rock Creek Rd., Snow Camp, NC 27349
History of Rock Creek UMC
Some of the early pastors of the church included the Reverends Alson Gray, John Martin, James Stockard, W.C. Kennett and C.F. Harris. After 1900 some of the pastors were the Reverends John Garrett, W.F. McDowell, W.F Ashburn, D.A. Highfill, T.M. McCullock, William Pike, J.T. Ledbetter, George Holmes, John Burgess, H.L. Isley, Dr. George Brown and Reynolds
In 1939, the Methodist-Protestant, Methodist-Episcopal and Methodist Episcopal Church South all united and formed one church named the
The first minister after the unification, was the Rev. Henry Lewis. He was followed by the Reverends Donald Johnson, Jerry Bryan, Don Lewis, P.F. Newton, Ervin Houser, Lloyd McClelland, Michael Deal, William Presnell, Delmer Chilton, Alvin Horne, Michael Sykes, Walter Graves, Donald Johnson, David McHale, Steven Taylor, Nancy Sturvidant, Lyle Miller, Donald Gum, Bill Wolf, Bill Jeffries, James Bryan and Carsn O. Wiggins.
In 1940-41 some major improvements were begun on the church. A new floor was put up in and the platform at the front of the sanctuary was added. In 1945-46, the educational annex was built, along with the new basement and heating system. New pews were purchased in 1947, and in 1950 water was connected and bathrooms added. The present porch, front steps and steeple were added in 1953. In 1957, Mr. G. Talmage Swing bequeathed a trust to the church for maintenance and upkeep of the church building and grounds. The carpet was put in around 1957, and that same year L.M. Robbins gave the new piano. Another addition is the
Rock Creek is proud of a special award from the 1980 Annual Conference of having the oldest building in continual use in the district.